Resources for congregations embracing renewal and features for regional leaders who support them.
Welcome to the Center Link
In this issue:
- For the local church – FEATURED SUPPORT – “Setting a church-wide ministry priority”
- For the regional leader – WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE? – “Building capacity for missional renewal”
- STORIES OF INSPIRATION & HOPE: An Indianapolis congregation
How will you focus your congregation around a ministry priority this year?
A church-wide perspective is needed in ministry planning alongside the work of programs and teams.
What opportunity or challenge is facing your church right now? Engaging all ministry groups, uniting them around a single focus, accomplishing your church’s vision and goals is strategic work. This work of setting a church-wide ministry priority is initiated by the leadership council. Get an outline of steps to use with your leadership team here…
WHAT’S ON YOUR (Regional Leader’s) PLATE?
Building Local Capacity for Missional Renewal
Developing local capacity for supporting missional renewal has many advantages over old models of dependency on outsiders. There is greater motivation, more utilization of one another’s gifts, building community within the region, and it can be easier and more cost effective.
In 2017 you can partner with the Center for Parish Development in building local capacity by TRAINING COACHES to support missional renewal.
In particular, support is available for –
• Finding and empowering the right leaders
• Training in foundations, skills and use of core resources
• Coaching for your coaches in support of learning and customizing
• Access to discrete learning modules responsive to the need
• Access to expand training and deepen expertise
• A community of colleagues to support learning
The first of its kind training in building capacity will take place July 31 – August 2, 2017 in the Chicago area.
This seminar will provide training, licensing, and support. BUILDING CAPACITY for guiding Christian communities along paths of faithful and fruitful renewal may be for you. Find out more…
Center Link is about relationship.
Listening to you and sharing back will help us identify and develop the kinds of resources that make a difference in your ministry.
Please share your feedback or suggestions with this ONE-MINUTE SURVEY HERE…..
Center Blog “A Tale of 2 Congregations”
frames a very real challenge for congregations: how to become a viable context for connecting the work of our hands (our daily work) with the fruit of our faith (participation in God’s mission)?
This blog post describes an Indianapolis congregation that has taken up this challenge and is reshaping Christian imagination and practice! Read the inspiring story of Englewood Christian Church.