Why a stewarding community?
This module, with key foundational resources, sets the stage for holistic stewardship cultivation in your church. You will–
- Discover basic biblical and practical understandings for framing the stewardship conversation in your church.
- Assess current practices of stewardship cultivation in your church.
- Name the stewardship challenge/opportunity facing your church as specific agendas to be addressed.
- Identify a range of internal and external resources and supports for becoming a stewarding community in your church.
This module includes –
- A set of helpful resources:
- “From Servants to Members of the Household” begins the conversation among leaders, and reframes stewardship from once-a-year program of raising money to a personal and congregational re-discovery of Christian identity and practice.
- “Living in the Household” supports leaders’ formation in biblical understandings of stewardship,a vision of abundance and generosity in a cultural context that assumes scarcity. Stewardship involves renewed minds, changed attitudes, and altered lives.
- Two stewardship analysis and assessment tools.
- Process instructions for interpreting and acting on results of the assessment.
- Process instructions for clarifying specific next steps of focused stewardship cultivation.
- A coaching relationship that supports your church leaders in naming the stewardship challenge/opportunity in your church and preparing you to act on it.
These additional modules (Coming Soon) represent the range of support available for your church –
Financial stewardship cultivation
Congregational formation processes